The 2019 Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) Convention and Trade Show took place April 1-4 in Montréal.
The show organizers say the event was a resounding success, exceeding the size of all past shows in Montréal. Exhibitors representing more than 300 companies covered some 53,500 square feet on the Trade Show floor. Among those were 143 international exhibitors, 132 Canadian exhibitors (including 30 exhibitors from Québec) and 39 first time exhibitors. The 2019 New Product Showcase included 54 products from 39 different companies.
As always, there were lots of awards handed out.
Individual award recipients:
- CPMA Lifetime Achievement Award – Bernadette Hamel formerly of Metro Richelieu Inc.
- The Packer’s Produce Person of the Year Award – Les Mallard of Fyffes North America Inc.
- Mary Fitzgerald Award – Ryan Goad of Loblaw Companies
- CPMA Corporate Culture Award – Canadawide Fruit Wholesalers Inc.
- Fresh Health Award – EarthFresh
Best Booth Awards:
- Best Island Booth Award – EarthFresh
- Best Inline Booth Award – Fresherized Foods (Wholly Guacamole)
- Best First-Time Exhibitor Booth – Greenhouse
New Product Showcase Awards:
- Best New Product Award – Caulilini Sweet Stem Cauliflower by Mann Packing Co. Inc.
- Freggie Approved Product Award – CuteCumber Poppers by Mucci Farms
- Packaging Innovation Award – "Zip Pop" Dual compartment Steam bag by Schur Star Systems Inc.
- Organics Award – SUNSET Organic Angel Sweet by Mastronardi Produce Ltd.