The 2022 Canadian Produce Marketing Association Convention and Trade Show (CPMA 2022) took place last week with over 3,600 registrants representing the entire produce supply chain. Exhibitors from over 270 companies accounted for 53,500 square feet of booth space on the trade show floor. Among those were 131 international exhibitors, 144 Canadian exhibitors (including 44 exhibitors from Quebec), and 77 first-time exhibitors. The 2022 New Product Showcase included 69 products from 49 different companies.
The following individuals and companies earned honours at this year’s event:
- Fresh Health Award –Gwillimdale Farms
- Young professional Award – Stewart Lapage, The Oppenheimer Group
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Alain Routhier, Courchesne Larose Ltd.
- The Packer’s Produce Person of the Year Award – Mimmo Franzone, Longo Brothers Fruit Markets Inc.
Best Booth Awards
- Best Island Booth Award –Mucci Farms (booth 1615)
- Best Inline Booth Award – Ponderosa Mushrooms (booth 701)
- Best First-Time Exhibitor Booth Award– ALLWays Local produce (booth 1821)
New Product Showcase Awards
- Best New Product Award – Simple Sides by Highline Mushrooms
- Best Snackable Product Award – Salted Hot Cocoa Nut Mix by Natursource Inc.
- Packaging Innovation Award – ReadyCycle® sustainable packaging by Sambrailo Packaging
- New Technology Award– Open Plastics Project by The Star Group
- Organics Award – Natural Organics Grape Tomatoes by Mucci Farms
Next year’s CPMA Convention and Trade Show will take place in Toronto, Ont. from April 25-27, 2023.