7-Eleven Canada has launched its 7-Eleven Mobile Checkout allowing Canadians a way to simply scan, pay and go. 7-Eleven Mobile Checkout is now available in all 7-Eleven stores.
To use 7-Eleven Mobile Checkout, customers can:
- Download the 7-Eleven mobile app from the App Store or Google Play or update the app to the latest version to ensure it has the Mobile Checkout capability.
- Register for or log into the 7Rewards loyalty program.
- Open the app in a participating store and tap the "Mobile Checkout" icon on the home page.
- Scan the barcode on each product to add it to their baskets. Discounts or promotions will be applied automatically.
- Pay for purchases in the app using Apple Pay, Google Pay or a debit or credit card.
- Confirm purchase by scanning the on-screen QR code at the confirmation station before you exit the store.
- The new feature is available to all customers free of charge, customers can download the 7-Eleven app to get access.
Canada is the second market to introduce the feature, after a successful launch and expansion in the U.S. earlier this year.
“Our customers told us that they want more time to focus on the important things in their lives. We took that insight and developed 7-Eleven's proprietary technology to create a full contactless shopping experience. We know this will help our customers save time and empower them to make the most of their day,” said Norman Hower, VP and GM of 7-Eleven Canada. “We’re reinventing convenience with the 7-Eleven Mobile Checkout and this is yet another example of how we’re developing digital innovation to actively exceed our customers’ needs.”