Longo Brothers Fruit Markets has announced two employees at one of its stores have tested positive for COVID-19. They are the first confirmed cases in one of the grocer's store. The employees, including a Grocery Gateway driver, work at the company's Weston Road location in Woodbridge, Ont. And on Sunday, a third employee at a Guelph, Ont. store also tested positive.
In a message to customers, president Anthony Longo says Longo's is "taking immediate actions in the best interests of our team members and guests while ensuring the team members who tested positive have the support they need for a healthy recovery.
"To keep our stores safe, we will work in accordance with public health to identify and support any Team Member who should self-isolate. They are instructed to stay home and we will pay them in full. We continue to partner with public health to do everything possible to limit the risk to team members and guests."
Longo has outlined the actions the grocer is taking to address concerns.
- deep cleaning and sanitization of the Weston Road location in Woodbridge, Ont.
- updating all Longo's team members and guests
- working with public health officials to investigate the team members' known points of contact and recent shifts
- working with public health officials to identify and support any other team member who may need to self-isolate and instructing them to stay home with these team members continuing to be compensated during this time
- optimizing and heightening all cleaning schedules, frequencies, and overall processes.
"This issue has our full attention and we are moving forward with the health and safety of every Ttam Mmmber and guest in mind. Health authorities continue to reinforce that the risk of grocery shopping remains low. Let’s all work together to keep everyone safe," states Longo.