At its 2019 Annual Awards Conferences held in Quebec and Ontario in September, Metro honoured 18 individuals for their leadership and customer service.
Award recipients are recognized for outstanding contributions to the business and their work to improve store conditions.
The 2019 winners include:
- Pierre D'amour, franchisee-owner, Metro Plus Lemire Drummondville;
- Frédérick Boulanger, franchisee-owner, Metro Plus St-Constant;
- Stéphane Gosselin, franchisee-owner, Metro Black Lake Thetford Mines;
- Michel Piché, manager, Metro Marché Denigil Ste-Dorothée;
- Philippe Pilon, franchisee-owner, Metro Plus Cité des Jeunes Gatineau;
- Richard Lamothe, manager, Metro Plus Messier Mascouche;
- Roger Garneau, manager, Metro Plus Plouffe Magog;
- Maxime Dumont, interim franchisee-owner, Metro Trois-Pistoles.
- Amey Uens, manager, Metro Trenton;
- Barry Carter, manager, Metro Arnprior;
- Rick Gilling, manager, Metro Etobicoke;
- Steve Dale, manager, Metro New Market;
- Peter Di Sisto, manager, Metro Sault Ste. Marie;
- Umar Ali, manager, Food Basics Toronto;
- Robert Goulet, manager, Food Basics New Liskeard;
- Mauro Bartelli, manager, Food Basics Woodbridge;
- Rhys Lyons, manager, Food Basics Stittsville;
- Brenda Mangel, manager, Food Basics Kitchener.
“These stores have distinguished themselves as the local grocer by offering an easy to shop experience, implementing high-quality activities for customers and employees, as well as for their top-notch professionalism and thoroughness on the job,” Metro said in announcing the award recipients.