Nature’s Emporium is offering free home delivery for seniors 65 years and older to provide them with a safe way to get groceries. The free delivery service begins April 6.
The company has partnered with Ecosparkle, an eco-friendly cleaning service, to roll-out this new program in response to the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health’s recommendation that all people over the age of 70 self-isolate given the elevated risk of "severe outcomes" should they contract COVID-19.
“As an essential service provider, we believe that it is our duty to do what we can to protect and support the communities we serve during this trying time,” said Joe D’Addario, co-founder and president, Nature’s Emporium. “We want to keep our seniors safe and make sure they have a way to get what they need without having to worry about their health and wellbeing.”
Nature’s Emporium Free Delivery Service:
- Orders can be submitted starting Sunday, April 5 via https://www.naturesemporium.com/order-pickup/
- Secure payment is made over the phone with a Nature’s Emporium team member
- Deliveries begin Monday, April 6
- Delivery is available Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- The delivery person will knock on the door/ring doorbell upon arrival and will then step back 2 metres so that he customer can answer the door, leaving groceries on the doorstep
- Customers who require help bringing in groceries can indicate this at time of delivery and are asked to provide our delivery person two metres of space while groceries are brought in
- The delivery teams will be equipped with masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer to ensure deliveries are made as safely as possible
- Deliveries must fall within a 10km radius from one of Nature’s Emporium’s four locations in Burlington, Maple, Woodbridge and Newmarket