Procter & Gamble (P&G) is accelerating its action on climate change, including an ambition to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions across its operations and supply chain by 2040 as well as interim 2030 goals to make meaningful progress this decade.
P&G says that it believes the majority of consumers globally now want brands they buy to help them live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle, and the latest science has made it clear that urgent, decisive action must be taken to avoid the worst impacts of climate change.
P&G’s 2030 goals to pace its progress toward net-zero include:
- Reducing emissions across its operations by 50 stet
- Reducing emissions across its supply chain by 40 stet
- Purchasing 100renewable electricity stet
- Increasing transportation efficiency of outbound finished products by 50%
- For residual emissions in categories that cannot be eliminated by 2030, the company says it will use natural or technical solutions that remove and store carbon.