Pharmaprix has announced the launch of "Zone Marché" at several drugstores in the Greater Montréal area. Zone Marché will give shoppers access to up to 750 new fresh and healthy food options.
The concept will be rolled out at 11 stores by early December, with other waves tpo roll out by 2020, mainly in high-density urban centres, which is where the target demographic resides.
Zone Marché will come in three varieties: “refrigerated counter,” “grab and go” and “fully enhanced.” Depending on the model up to 750 new items will be available, such as:
· fruits and vegetables, including bulk and pre-packaged items, organic items, prepared salads and pre-cut fruits and vegetables;
· deli cheeses and cold cuts;
· pre-packaged fresh meats (poultry, pork and beef);
· simple meal solutions that are easy to prepare and serve, such as pasta, quiche and sandwiches, including vegetarian options; and
· artisan breads, desserts and other sweet goods.
Stores with the "refrigerated counter" product line (three stores) will focus mainly on "fast and convenient" snack ideas such as fruits and vegetables, dips and deli. The "grab and go" line (seven stores) will centre on family-oriented meal solutions. The "fully enhanced" line (one store) will offer all of the above, but with enhanced variety. Zone Marché will feature some of Quebec's most popular brands, including St-Viateur Bagel, Le Commensal, Saputo and Bravodeli.
Photo: Éric Bouchard, senior vice president, Pharmaprix (CNW Group/Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation)