The 93rd annual Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) Convention and Trade Show in Vancouver, BC took place April 24 to 26. In addition to a comprehensive conference, retail tours, networking opportunities and a trade show with close to 300 suppliers, the event honoured industry leaders and innovative products.
Here's a list of the award winners.
- The Fresh Health Award - BC Produce Marketing Association
- The Mary FitzGerald Award - Mike Catalano of Wonderful Brands
- The Packer's Produce Person of the Year Award - Murray Driediger, president and CEO of BC Fresh
- CPMA Lifetime Achievement Award - Scott Fairbairn of Thrifty Foods
- Best New Product - Inspired Salad kits by The Star Group
- Freggie Approved Product - Mucci Farms snack-sized Cute Cucumber Poppers
- Packaging Innovation - Sunset Farms You Make Me pasta kits
- Organics - Organic Girl salad dressings
CPMA's 2019 Convention and Trade Show will be held in Montreal, April 2 to 4.