To mask or not to mask? Canadian shoppers talk PPE: Field Agent
As the mask mandates and government-imposed restrictions have started to be lifted across the country, Field Agent considered what role PPE will play during grocery shopping or heading out to grab a bite to eat at a restaurant; and whether some of the habits picked up during the pandemic such as using more drive-thrus, ordering groceries online and using food delivery services will stick with Canadian consumers even though the great reopening now seems to be underway.
Field Agent Canada surveyed 1,536 Canadians between July 8th to 11th and the results were quite surprising for both grocery shopping and eating at restaurants.
The survey found that 65 per cent of Canadians will continue to wear a mask while grocery shopping after local mandates are lifted, showing that Canadians will be taking a cautious approach when in busy stores. This was confirmed by the 64 per cent of Canadians who said they would still wear a mask at a big box store or shopping centre even if they were not required to do so.
In food service, the survey results indicate that QSR customers would either wear a mask when they enter the restaurant to order/eat (64 per cent) or only exclusively use the drive-thru (28 per cent) in order to protect themselves.
FSR customers also showed a similar amount of caution with 43 per cent of customers continuing to wear a mask in the restaurant and a further 10 per cent of customers saying they would only order delivery/take out from their favourite FSR.
Check out the latest issue
"Shop Walk" is a collaboration between Grocery Business and Field Agent that provides virtual store tours of new grocery stores across Canada. Images provided by Field Agent.
- Industry changing innovation with Coffee Association of Canada: Upcoming webinar
- Spotlight: Food & Allied Industries supports communities in need
- Better Bears Foods appoints Jeff O'Neill as president
- In Memoriam: Wilhelm Huber Sr.
- T'is the Season
- M.L. Catania renames global operations Catania Worldwide
- In Memoriam: Réjean Nadeau
- New approach for the 2022 Night to Nurture gala
- Whole Foods Market 'Top 10 Food Trends for 2022': Report
- Loblaw Companies makes $230,000 donation for kids’ health
- Fresh St. Market first grocer in Canada to partner with Reusables.com
- T&T Supermarket to open new store in B.C.