Grocery and Specialty Food West, Western Canada’s largest grocery exhibition and conference, was held April 23-24 at the Vancouver Convention Centre (West). This year’s show offered an expanded and enhanced program, attracting more than 2500 attendees and upwards of 300 booths showcasing products, services and innovations from leading grocery and specialty food, technology, equipment and foodservice providers. (Check out our photo gallery here.)
The show included a “Top 10 in Grocery” adjudicated session where local food experts anonymously evaluated a series of products from the event’s New Products Showcase for practicality, packaging, innovation and other criteria.
The 2018 Top 10 winners (see photos below):
· Best Convenience: Blue Dragon 3 Step Meal Kits (ID Foods)
· Best Health/Wellness: Apple & Eve Vegan Protein Smoothie (A. Lassonde Inc)
· Best Oil: Canada Golden-Pure Cold Pressed Camelina Oil (STEP)
· Best Non-Food: CasuGrill (CasuGrill Canada)
· Best Refrigerated: Egg Bakes Crustless Quiche (Burnbrae Farms)
· Best Condiment/Spread/Sauce: Fatso Hybrid Peanut Butter (Fatso)
· Best Frozen: Monteli Cauliflower Thin Crust Pizza (Tree of Life)
· Best Beverage: Partake Pale Ale (Partake Brewing)
· Best HABA: Sugar & Spice-Pink Sugar Body Lotion (Sugar & Spice)
· Best Sustainable: World Centric Certified Compostable Party Plates (On Green Go Solutions)
Next year's Grocery & Specialty Food West returns to Vancouver on April 1-2, 2019. More information is available here.