Walmart Canada and Instacart have expanded on-demand grocery delivery from 200 Walmart stores across Canada in as fast as one hour.
"Canadian families are busy. By introducing more online shopping options at Walmart, we're helping make life easier and more convenient for them," says Lee Tappenden, president and CEO of Walmart Canada. "Expanding our relationship with Instacart provides our customers with even more time-saving ways to shop at Walmart in their community."
The expansion builds on a successful 17-store pilot in the Greater Toronto Area and Winnipeg. Instacart's on-demand delivery brings Walmart's wide variety of products to millions of Canadian customers across the country - including fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, seafood and dairy, as well as health and beauty products, household goods, pet food, baby food, diapers and much more.
The new Instacart on-demand delivery option is the latest in a suite of services offered by Walmart Canada and third-party partners to help Walmart customers shop where, when and how they want. In addition to the new delivery option with Instacart, Walmart Canada customers can choose the option that works best for them, including:
- Pickup in-store at 175 Walmart stores – which will expand to 190 stores by the end of January
- Pickup at nine urban PenguinPickUp locations in the Greater Toronto Area
- Next-day delivery anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area by ordering through Walmart.ca
- Shopping in-store at 340 Walmart Supercentres
- General merchandise:
- Delivered to customers' door and available for in-store pickup by ordering through Walmart.ca