Walmart Canada will be hiring 12,000 new and permanent associates across Canada in a major hiring push for the busy holiday season.
To kick-start this effort, the retailer is hosting a special National Hiring Event on October 14 and 15 from 1 pm to 8 pm local time in stores, distribution/fleet centres across the country.
Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers, with more than 100,000 associates working in communities across the country. With a growing and changing business, the new associates are needed primarily for the following roles:
- Omnichannel Customer Experience Salesfloor Store Associates – pick items for online orders and prepare these orders for pickup and delivery to our customers
- Fresh Food Store Associates – work in bakery, meat, produce, and dairy/frozen, take pride in sending customers home with delicious, fresh food
- Merchandising Store Associates – stock and merchandise products in the most attractive, easy-to-find manner so customers can find what they need right when they need it
- Warehouse Associates – pick and receive orders and prepare orders for shipment to stores and customers nationwide
- Drivers – work for a Top Fleet Employer and deliver products safely and on time, every time to meet and exceed customer expectations